The audio information system in the museum is available in both German and English. Use of the system, inc. headphones, is free.
If you would prefer to use your own device (MP3 player, iPod, mobile phone ...) to listen to the audioguide, you can download the German language audio files here, free of charge.
- 01_Welcome.mp3 (470.6 KiB)
- 02_ Discovery.mp3 (3.2 MiB)
- 03_Sandglas.mp3 (2.5 MiB)
- 04_Homo sapiens neanderthalensis.mp3 (6.9 MiB)
- 05_Homo sapiens_sapiens_Engl.mp3 (6.8 MiB)
- 06_Archaischer-Homo_sapiens_Engl.mp3 (6.3 MiB)
- 07_Homo erectus_Turkana Boy_Engl.mp3 (5.2 MiB)
- 08_Australopithecus sediba_Engl.mp3 (6.8 MiB)
- 09_Australopithecus afarensis.Eng.mp3 (6.6 MiB)
- 10_Beginnings in Africa.mp3 (8.0 MiB)
- 11_ Stone lifter.mp3 (3.1 MiB)
- 12_Encounters.mp3 (8.1 MiB)
- 13_ Stone knapper.mp3 (3.2 MiB)
- 14_ The past of the present.mp3 (7.9 MiB)
- 15.1_ Myth of Edda.mp3 (3.0 MiB)
- 15.2_Myths of Malia.mp3 (3.8 MiB)
- 15.3_ Myths of the Maori.mp3 (2.8 MiB)
- 15.4_ Myth of Shintonism.mp3 (3.4 MiB)
- 15_ Myths of the Indians.mp3 (3.4 MiB)
- 16_Funeral.mp3 (2.4 MiB)
- 17_ Western Religions (right side).mp3 (3.6 MiB)
- 18_ Eastern Religions (left side).mp3 (3.4 MiB)
- 19_ Hunting.mp3 (3.5 MiB)
- 20_ Old Woman with Child.mp3 (3.1 MiB)
- 21_ Premature Birth (glass case with skulls and brain).mp3 (5.4 MiB)
Foreign Language Textreaders for the Permanent Exhibition
All texts in the permanent exhibition are in both German and English.
Our texts are also available as Textreaders, free of charge, in the following languages:
If you would like to have the texts ahead of your visit they can be downloaded as PDF files, free of charge, here.